Built in the late 1800's, these castle like ruins where once the home to B. S. Erwin, M.D.. Born in Bethlehem Pa., he went on to graduate from the University of Pennsylvania in 1871.
In 1873, Dr. Erwin began his residency in Mauch Chunk Pa. He built a gothic mansion on the side of Opera House Hill, but the mountain runoff made the mansion virtually uninhabitable.
Today, the remnants of the washed away castle still stand, but in ruin.
<--- CLICK TO OPEN (will open a new window)
Located behind the opera house.