After a treaty with the Iroquois in 1768, General William Montgomery moved his family from Chester County, to a parcel of land he purchased in 1774. Here, he and his son Daniel would construct trading posts, mills, a distillery and other prosperous services. In 1792, a stone house was built where William would reside. William, along with his son Daniel, became the founding Fathers of a town which would bare his son's name. 'Danville' would be laid out, and flourish from the Montgomery's. The Montgomery house still stands today at the corner of Mill Street and Bloom Road as a museum dedicated to the history of the town of Danville.
<--- CLICK TO OPEN (will open a new window)